TITLE: InterVideo WinDvD Player Software
VERSION: 22.214.171.1247 Rev. A
This contains the installation files for the InterVideo WinDVD Player software
desktop models and operating systems listed.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP25048
EFFECTIVE DATE: February 2, 2004
CATEGORY: Software - Multimedia
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
D210 Business PC
D315 Business PC
Compaq Evo D310 Desktop: All Models
Compaq Evo D310 Microtower: All Models
Compaq Evo D310 Slim Tower: All Models
Compaq Evo D320 Desktop: All Models
Compaq Evo D510 Convertible Minitower: All Models
Compaq Evo D510 e-pc: All Models
Compaq Evo D510 Small Form Factor: All Models
Compaq Evo D510 USDT: All Models
HP Compaq d220 microtower: All Models
HP Compaq d228 microtower: All Models
HP Compaq d248 microtower: All Models
HP Compaq d338 microtower: All Models
HP Compaq d530 convertible minitower: All Models
HP Compaq d530 small form factor: All Models
HP Compaq d530 ultra-slim desktop: All Models
HP Compaq d538 convertible minitower: All Models
HP Compaq d538 small form factor: All Models
HP d325 microtower: All Models
Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Adds silent install for SSM compliance.
- Adds support for files created with Windows Media Player 9.
- Supports rotated playback.
- Localizes Italian translation for 'Fast Backward' onscreen display
- Removes WinCinema Manager.
- Corrects an issue with WinDVD playback and the ATI Radeon 9700 graphics
card. The user would play WinDVD and see no picture. This was due to a new
encryption method used by the ATI card.
- Corrects an issue with WinDVD subtitle playback on NVidia NV-11 graphics
card. At Higher video resolutions (e.g. 1280x1024, etc) subtitles would cause
the video to fliker.
- Corrects an issue with the WinDVD software crashing on systems with newer
Intel P4 (Northwood C1 stepping) 2.5-G and 2.6-G processors. This problem was
due to the fact that the WinDVD software was improperly identifying newer Intel
P4 processors based upon hardware register information that was changed by
- Corrects the mouse cursor disappearing in full screen mode when the "Popup
box to Choose" is enabled.
- Corrects WinDVD not showing the number of times remaining to change region
setting on DVD drive.
HOW TO USE:
- DirectX 9 or later must be installed properly (unit rebooted after
DirecX 9 installation) prior to installing WinDVD.
- Must have a HP DVD drive properly installed prior to running WinDVD
Copyright (c) 2004 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.
- Download the SoftPaq to a temporary, empty directory on your hard
drive. The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename
based on the SoftPaq Number above.
- Run the downloaded SoftPaq EXE file to unpack program files. This will
silent-install the WinDVD player software. During installation, if prompted to
overwrite any files, answer Yes to all to continue software install.
- After a successful installation, the installation files and temporary
directories may be deleted.