TITLE: Intel PROSet for Intel PRO/Wireless Network Connection
VERSION: 6.00 REV: A
This package contains Intel PROset for the listed notebooks, adapters, and
Intel PROSet is a wireless LAN (WLAN) application that manages the wireless
connection for Intel wireless devices. Users may also find Intel PROSet useful
for advanced profile management, single-sign-on support, and advanced
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP33407
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 24, 2006
CATEGORY: Software - Solutions
SSM SUPPORTED: YES
HP Compaq nc2400 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc4200 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc4400 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc6110 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc6120 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc6220 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc6230 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc6320 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc6400 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc8230 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nc8430 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nw8240 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nw8440 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nw9440 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx6110 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx6120 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx6310 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx6320 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx6330 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx7400 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx8220 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx8420 Notebook PC
HP Compaq nx9420 Notebook PC
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Network Connection
Intel PRO/Wireless 2915 Network Connection
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 Network Connection
Microsoft Windows 2000
Chinese (Prc. Simplified)
Taiwan Chinese (Traditional)
- Provides Intel PROSet 10.5.0.0 Software for Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Network
connection driver 10.5.1.57.
- Provides Intel PROSet 10.5.0.0 Software for Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 and Intel
PRO/Wireless 2915 Network Connection driver version 184.108.40.206.
- Adds support for Cisco Compatible Extensions 4.0.
- Adds support for Nortel VPN "Logoff on Connect" configuration. A Maintain
Connection option is added to the Profile wizard and IT Administrative
- Adds PEAP MS-CHAPv2 support using machine credentials for persistent
- Enhances the logging function in Advanced Statistics.
- Now maintain the connection until the logoff process is complete to enable
logoff scripts to run.
- Fixes a non-secure use of shared memory that has been identified by Intel
as a security vulnerability.
If the notebook is configured with an Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Network
Connection, the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 network connection, or the Intel
PRO/Wireless 2915 network connection, download and install HP SoftPaq Number
SP33405 (or later) titled, "Intel PRO/Wireless Drivers," Version 6.00 Rev A
before installing this SoftPaq.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. Restart the computer after installation.
NOTE: After the files are unpacked, the Setup program runs automatically. If
the setup program (Sinstall.exe) needs to be run manually, look for it in the
Copyright (c) 2006 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.