|HP iPAQ rw6815 Personal Messenger Series ROM Update
This package contains the ROM Update Utility (RUU) and ROM image for the
supported iPAQ Personal Messenger models and operating systems.
IMPORTANT: The RUU is designed to replace the current ROM image and to
erase the partnership and all user data and programs on the
iPAQ Personal Messenger. It is important to read and
understand the information in the Readme file that is included
with this update BEFORE installing this package.
|27 August 2007|
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
|HP iPAQ rw6815 Personal Messenger Series
|Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
|- Adds HPCertificateEnroller 4.00.012 in the ROM.
- Enables the iPAQ Personal Messenger to be powered on with the AC
cable plugged in, even if the battery is 0% charged.
- Adds function in the Auto Configurator application that asks the user
to select the network setting, even for different SIMs that have
- Updates the operator network setting.
- Defaults the network selection mode to automatic after reset.
- Improves echo cancellation by fine tunning the audio parameter with
- Increases the priority of SMS tasks to give them a higher priority than
Phone book tasks in order to ensure that SMS is able to be used right
after power on.
- Enables the number of times a network search request is attempted to be
set by the network.
|- Fixes issue where USSD commands do not work.
- Fixes issue where a faint buzzing sound is heard on the iPAQ Personal
Messenger when the headset is plugged in.
- Fixes issue where dial-out ring quality is worse when switching
dial-out ring path from Bluetooth headset to a wired headset.
- Fixes issue where recording during an ongoing phone call fails while
changing the phone call path from the Bluetooth headset to a wired
- Fixes issue where iPAQSetWLANRadio(1) does not turn on the WLAN Radio
and iPAQGetWLANRadioStatus() also does not work.
- Fixes issue where the user switches to a Bluetooth headset, but the
title bar still displays the loudspeaker icon.
- Fixes issue where auto Configurator does not differentiate between
networks with same MCC/MNC.
- Fixes issue where the iPAQ Personal Messenger fails to ignore an
incoming call during an active call.
- Fixes issue where the iPAQ Personal Messenger fails to switch from
1800 to 1900 band when the user goes into an area with no cell
coverage and then re-enters the area with 1900 band cell coverage.
- Fixes issue where the iPAQ Personal Messenger fails to attach GPRS
with T-Mobile UK SIM card.
- Fixes issue of camping on PLMN while in a HPLMN zone by making sure
that the network register information will not be sent until RAU/LAU
is accepted by the network.
|- Microsoft ActiveSync 4.2 (or later) is required.
- Host PC must be running the Microsoft Windows XP Operating System.
HOW TO USE:
|1. Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to
unpack the ROM update files to a directory. (NOTE: This directory
should not contain any file or folder from any previous ROM upgrade.)
3. Establish an ActiveSync connection between the iPAQ Personal Messenger
and the host PC using a USB connection.
4. The ROM Update Utility (hpRUU.exe) starts automatically. Follow the
on-screen instructions to complete the ROM upgrade.
NOTE: Once the update is complete, the .EXE file downloaded in Step 1 can
be deleted, if desired.
1. During the update, the ROM Update Utility:
- Queries the iPAQ Personal Messenger for current ROM image
- Validates that the new ROM image is compatible with the
iPAQ Personal Messenger.
- Automatically places the iPAQ Personal Messenger in Flash mode.
- Updates the ROM image on the iPAQ Personal Messenger.
2. IMPORTANT: Disable the Standby and Hibernation modes on the host PC.
If Standby or Hibernation mode is activated during the upgrade
process, a critical error may occur.
3. IMPORTANT: Plan enough time to complete the update. The total time to
perform this ROM update is estimated at 20 minutes.
4. IMPORTANT: Do not interact with the HP iPAQ Personal Messenger or
remove it from AC power or the cradle/cable once the status bar
appears on the iPAQ Personal Messenger and the actual update has
5. If an error message is displayed during the update process, follow any
available instructions to correct the condition and start the ROM
Update Utility again.
6. The update process can be performed while connected to a host PC either
as a Guest or with an established partnership.
Copyright (c) 2007 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.